A review - but I didn't get to photograph it because I snarfed it down and forgot it was for review purposes.
When we had our little field trip to Whole Foods the other day, I found a ThinkThin protein bar in "dark chocolate." Long ago, I had tried this line of bars in peanut butter and brownie crunch, but I wasn't thrilled. This time - the words "dark chocolate" sold me on this bar when I found it on the shelf at Whole Foods, (and the white chocolate chip one waiting for me in the cabinet) and I snagged a handful, you know, to review.
Here's the thing: This particular flavor is a deeper, more intense chocolate - which makes it much more palatable than the previous flavors I had tried. For 240 calories, you get 20 grams of protein, both whey and soy. The inside of this bar is moister, not thick and dry like many protein bars on the market. The outer coating is sweet and intensely chocolate, and I really did enjoy it.
INGREDIENTS: Protein blend (calcium caseinate, whey protein isolate, soy protein isolate), glycerin, maltitol syrup, coating (Maltitol, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, sodium caseinate, dairy oil, soya lecithin, natural flavors, salt), ground almonds, water, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, chocolate liquor, tricalcium phosphate, soya lecithin, natural flavors, salt. Vitamins and Minerals: Ascorbic acid, d-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E), niacinamide, vitamin A palmitate, electrolytic iron, zinc oxide, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, copper gluconate, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid, biotin, potassium iodide, vitamin B12.
- Product: thinkthin protein bar in Dark Chocolate
- Purchased: Whole Foods Market for $2.50ish (Too much!)
- Pros: Dark! Chocolate! It's dark! :D 20 grams of protein. Great texture.
- Cons: That extra 40 calories bothers me. I want this bar to be 200 calories, or 199 calories even. Contains maltitol, but... no gas here today. Whoopee.
- Rating: Pouchworthy. Would totally buy again, in fact, making an order now.