1. What is the stupidest mistake you have ever made with money?
If I had been the one in charge of paying the bills, I'm sure I'd have made a mistake, but I've never done it. If my husband drops dead tomorrow, I'm screwed, because Every Single Bill is paid automatically via online payments of which I know nothing about. If I knew any more than I do about the bills, I'd hyperventilate, because I don't know how he gets them all paid each month. The mortgage alone makes me want to run into traffic, it's more than I'd make working 60 hours a week a month.
2. Do you think taxes are unfair or do you think it’s your civic duty?
I. Can't. Write. What. I. Want. Here. I hate that nearly one-half of every bonus check my husband gets goes to taxes, when he works so hard for them, and other people get paid to stay home and be poor. I sit home, poor, ain't nobody payin' me! We've NEVER needed assistance - as teenage parents, even. I can't stand that people abuse the welfare system. I had a friend who scammed the state health care program - because her husband got paid a quite low-wage on paper, but received nearly triple under the table from the same employer. She got years of free health care. Probably still does.
3. Do you take risks and possibly turn your life upside down for new opportunity?
I totally WOULD. Bring it on. I need opportunity. It's time. As for already? We've "tried" - nearly moved 1,500 miles away, until the reality that the same jobs paid half there, we couldn't go.
4. Are you the alpha in your household? (Include pets)
What Do You Think? He likes to think he is - but that's just because I allow him to.
5. Do you compromise with your significant other or does someone always get their way?
Compromise, generally. But, we also agree a lot of the time.
6. What curse word do you use most often?
Mother****er. It's quaint and ladylike, no?
7. Do you easily change your mind or are you dead set on most issues?
Depends on the issue. I pick my fights. I am apathetic about MANY things, cynical about others, and I'll fight to the death for others.
8. What famous person would you like to trade places with for one week?
Nobody. They all have downsides.
9. If you could go back in time and tell one person off, who would it be and what would you say?
Just one?! The HR woman involved in the "pending issues." She really ****ed up.
10. Were you a good student or did you do just enough to get by?
I was all or nothing girl. In classes I enjoyed - A's. In classes I didn't - D's or F's. My parents brought me for "testing" because of this - ADD. Wha?
11. If you could give one piece of advice to someone just starting out on their own, what would you tell them?
Save more money for the down payment. Buy BIG.
12. Are people basically good and honest or are most people opportunistic and predatory?
I used to believe that most people were good and honest, and then I actually opened my eyes. Sad really. (Keeping this answer.)
13. Is there somebody you wish you could go back and apologize to?
I tag the Sassy Fatties. You're it. (Over in the sidebar - the Sassy Fatty Webring.)