My parents got us tickets to see Vince Gill (and a bonus concert tonight, for Chris Isaak) for what we all thought was our ten-year wedding anniversary. (I can't embed Vince Gill videos - they are blocked - so here.)
Mr. Isaak is here:
But, when I got my fingers out and counted, turns out, it's not, it's only nine years. How do I know this? We, being the "trashy" people we are? We had two of our own out-of-wedlock babies at our wedding, aged four months and twenty-two months in August of 1999.
(I think C + T resemble each other.)
In fact, the only reason we got hitched then, was because that post baby number two out of wedlock guilt kicked in, and the grandmothers scraped cash together and paid for our wedding. If they had not done so, we probably would still not be married, because we were going to "wait," until we could afford to you know, "do it all." And, Mr. MM is very "bankerish,"you know," and doesn't spend money on things that are not tangible. (Although part of me says, "why didn't we" because I could have gotten college paid for, but whatever.)
- Date - 8-28-1999 I was 20, he was 21. I was underage drinking at my wedding reception.
- Location - My childhood church followed by a reception at a local VFW.
- Ceremony - Minister of the church at that time, who now does mostly gay weddings in Provincetown, find him if you are in the area or in need of a non-traditional service, he is an amazing man.
- First dance - Still The One, Shania Twain. Sort of a negative song, did not make much sense then.
- Food - Family cooked buffet and homemade cake.
- Photography - Didn't have any. Just family photos.
- Music - A DJ.
- Honeymoon - Cruise on the Carnival Destiny - wherein Beth got Food Poisoning, and all sorts of drama unfolded, including an ambulance ride, plane ride and hospital.
The plan was, in my head, to re-do, or re-new at ten years with completely non-traditional ceremony (that means non-religious, on the beach, and party afterwards!) I thought I missed the boat when I thought this was ten years this month. I was off by a year, so I have a while. If it's possible, the party is on for next August. Otherwise, if we don't kill each other, I will aim for 15 years.