This looks delicious -- a recipe from the Mann's Veggie Company. Italicized words are mine.
Servings 4 (Or more, if you're a post op..)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil (I'd use cooking spray.)
- 1 cup Yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup Mann's Broccoli Cole SlawÂ® (I might add more.)
- 2 cups Fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp Dill weed, fresh, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 6 large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Milk (Skim)
- 2 Tbsp Butter or margarine (Again, maybe some spray.)
- 1/4 lb Brie, thinly sliced with rind removed (That seems like a lot, maybe less...and a LIGHTER version, Presidents Cheese has options and Trader Joes...)
- 1 tbsp Basil leaves, fresh, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and sautÃ© over moderate heat until translucent. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the skillet.
- Add Mannâs Broccoli Cole SlawÂ® and continue to sautÃ© until broccoli is tender.
- Add fresh spinach and sautÃ© until it becomes slightly wilted.
- Add herbs, season with salt and pepper. Stir together and remove from heat.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk until bubbly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine in a 9â³ non-stick skillet. When the skillet is hot, pour in half of the egg mixture. Tip the skillet so that the eggs coat the pan evenly.
- Keep tipping, lifting the omeletteâs edge so that the loose eggs run underneath.
- When the eggs are fairly set on top but still moist, quickly arrange half of the broccoli and spinach mixture and the brie on one side of the omelet.
- Fold the omelette in half and slide it onto a plate. Repeat process for the second omelette.